Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A man of his word

After telling both Kschafer3 and NBrevitz that I would be fishing the Kinni this morning I didn't want to be one of those guys who says he is going to do something and then doesn't do it.



I heard it would be raining again tonight and also through the weekend so who knows when my next opportunity to strike will arrive.  I am way behind on my quota for fishing the Kinni this year and it bothers me a lot more than I let on.


While driving to the access point off of FF this morning I thought about first going to F to look at the river but I knew in my heart it would at least be somewhat fishable and I only had so much time.

Upon my arrival at the banks of the Kinni I was happy that I could see the bottom of the river in the shallow areas but not in the deeper pools.  I was confident that I could use the slight stain in the river to my advantage.  In martial arts it is common to use your opponents strengths against them and that is exactly what I planned on doing to the trout of the Kinni.  



My plan was simple.  Fish large flies deep to try and catch the biggest fish in the river.

I thought for a moment that I had succeeded when I realized that this trout was only about 11 inches long.  I would be my only fish of the morning but one is a whole lot better than none.  I believe that if I can catch a couple fish a year over 20 inches it will more than make up for a lot of my zero and one fish days.  


I don't want a lot I want just enough.  So why does it have to be so dang tough?  These are the breaks I guess.






When the fishing is tough I just pretend that I am on a hike.  The canyon is a beautiful place to go for a hike.



You've been reading this and you are probably wondering what the guy who wrote this looks like.  Here is a photo I took of myself so you know what I look like.  Notice the dimples on each cheek.



 On the walk back to the car I was happy to see a couple Monarch Butterflies.  They are in decline and as if I don't have enough to worry about I worry that someday we won't have any more of them around.  At least I will have this photo to remember them by.


I was glad I made it out this morning.


No comments:

Popular Posts