Thursday, January 22, 2015

Kyle Schaefer Invitiational

When Kyle informed me that he was bringing four of the best fly tiers in the Twin Cities together for a night of fly tying I thought he was kidding.  Then he told me who all was invited.

We met up at Kyle's apartment shortly after 5:30pm last night.  Scott "Dullyouth"  and the one who wants to be known as Josey Wales joined us.  While I welcome fame and notoriety for myself I understand and respect that Josey does not want his real name and image plastered all over the internet.

Kyle and I have been friends for over a year and Kyle has known Josey for about 6 months.  This was the first time I had met Josey in person and it was the first time any of us had met Scott "Dullyouth"  face to face.  We have all come to know each other on the forum driftlesstroutanglers.com.  We were definitely a motley crew but we all had one thing in common.  We are some of the most talented fly tiers in the world.

 While I tied many flies over the course of three hours I only bothered taking a photograph of one.  Introducing the Maribou Sculpin.
 Kyle puts the finishing touches on a streamer.
 Scott likes to make flies for targeting Carp.
 Here is one of Scott's Carp flies.

Here is a Caddis that Josey Wales tied.

The night went even better than I expected.  Sometimes when people laugh at my jokes I can tell they are faking it.  Well I can tell you I didn't even hear one fake laugh.  The other guys had good jokes as well.  I can't wait for the next Kyle Schaefer Invitational.

The End

Eddie Rivard Fly Fishing is now on Facebook



No comments:

Popular Posts