Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday 4/10/16

Chris had secured permission for us to fish a private section of river.  He examined the map to make sure we were fishing in the right area.

 It was a beautiful morning.  Slightly cloudy and not too cold.  Can't ask for much better trout fishing weather.
 2nd cast bam. Trout.
 I was so happy.
 While some guys can tell the exact measurement of a fish when it is 20 feet away in the water I usually have to measure mine with a measuring tape.  This bad boy was eighteen inches.  Nothing wrong with an eighteen inch trout.
 One nice thing about fishing with Chris is that he knows how to cast a fly rod.  Sometimes it's just nice to sit back and watch someone else work a run.
 Another one for the E-dog.  Bow wow wow yippy yo yippy yay.  I cast Olive Buggers on the stream every day.
 We weren't the first ones here and we wont be the last.  Many have traveled this way.
 Chris is a great caster.
 I think I might send this one to American Angler.
 I couldn't figure out which one I liked better so I decided to post them both.
 There was a really deep hole and I had to see what lived on the bottom.
 We didn't catch a ton of fish today but it was nice to get out.

8 comments:

cofisher said...

Nothing says happy like the Eddie Rivard photo op!

Eddie Rivard said...

Thanks Howard!

Fading Angler said...

Love that fast lens in the overcast light. I'm very, very tempted to pick up an Olympus E-PL7 and that LUMIX lens you've got. Great freeze frames!

Eddie Rivard said...

Thanks Chris! I always say that my photos never get enough credit. I decided to cut all the jokes out of my blog so that maybe people will appreciate the photography a little more. You can never go wrong with a super fast lens. It comes in handy for so many other things other than fishing even. You mean there are things other than fishing? That's what I've heard but have yet to check them out.

Unknown said...

Big browns for sure! Looks like you had a great time. Glad you found the fish in the deep.

Dan B said...

Its a split shot necklace. Ha!

CARF said...

You didn't need to catch a lot of fish with the quality of those 2!! Those are some beautiful trout. Haha way to dredge up the depths!!! Some really fantastic photo's, as well.

Zander Fishing said...

Hi!
Nice Blog, good pics, good stories. I'm yu new follower. Keep writing. It's great to see how people fish at the other end of the world
Jarek from Poland
Visit my blog :) Check out my trout lures

Popular Posts